Last Updated: August 23, 2018
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information (including personal information) you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form or survey, participate in promotions or loyalty programs, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, input payment details into a payment gateway or otherwise communicate with us. We may also collect the feedback, suggestions, complaints and reports that you send to us. The types of information we may collect include your full name, email address, chat history, postal address, location, phone number, fax number, payment information, dietary preferences, purchase and order information and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
• Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, your IP address, your Facebook bot id and login, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
• Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
• Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see "Your Choices" below.
• Information Collected by Cookies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Cookies and other technologies" and "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. When you log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information, birthday, education, workplace and friends lists, as well as any other information you made publicly available on such account or agreed to share with us, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site. At all times, we will abide by the terms, conditions and restrictions of the social media site.
For avoidance of doubt, if we combine personal information with non-personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and other technologies
A "cookie" is a small piece of information that a website assign to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and may be used for various different purposes. These purposes include, among other things, allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enabling automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and the Services quicker, easier and smoother.
We may use the following types of cookies:
• Session Cookies which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed.
• Persistent Cookies which are saved on your device for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to identify who you are for repeated visits (for instance, to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in).
• Third-Party Cookies which are set by other online services that run content on the page you view on your browser (for example, by third party advertising companies who monitor and analyze our website access).
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
• Process the transactions and report sales to third party restaurants, send you related information, including confirmations and invoices, and to bill the restaurants;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by GoParrot, third party service providers and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
• Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of GoParrot and others;
• Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
• Facilitate promotions and loyalty programs and process and deliver rewards;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers (including restaurants) who need access to such information (including your full name, location, and order information) to carry out work on our behalf (for example, storing or processing information on our behalf [e.g. cloud computing service providers]; performing research, technical diagnostics, personalization and analytics; or otherwise assist us with our business operations);
• With third parties for their own services and marketing purposes, in accordance with our marketing policy (see below under "Marketing");
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of GoParrot or others; • In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
• Between and among GoParrot and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Third party collection of information
We may also work with other websites or platforms (such as Facebook) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign, unless you notify us that you prefer not to have information about you used in this way. To opt-out, please contact us at email@example.com.
GoParrot takes great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Services and safeguarding information which relates to you. GoParrot employs industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of your information and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard such information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse our Services, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
For how long we retain the information we collect
We retain the information we collect from you for as long as needed to provide our Services and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements (unless we are instructed otherwise). We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
Your Privacy Rights
Certain jurisdictions provides users with certain statutory rights to your personal information. Subject to exemptions provided by law, and with proper identification, you may have the right to certain actions to your information such as:
• Right to verify your information (to access, delete, change or update any personal information relating to you. For example, if you believe that your personal information is incorrect, you may ask to have it corrected or deleted);
• Right to see what personal information about you we have;
• Right to request that we erase information about you (subject to any other legal obligation that may require us to keep the information);
• Right to restrict GoParrot from processing information pertaining to you (for example, you may request that we will stop using or sharing your personal information with third parties); and
• Right to export information in a portable format;
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. When handling your request, we will ask for additional information to confirm your identity (which may include personal information). However, please note that if you choose not to allow us to process your personal information, we may be prevented from providing our Services (among other things, regarding transactions you attempt to complete).
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are collecting or processing your personal information not in accordance with the laws, you can complain to the applicable data protection authority.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is collected, used, processed, or shared with third parties for, among other things, direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt-in to, or opt-out of, this type of sharing (i.e. "Do Not Share My Personal Information"). GoParrot qualifies for this alternative option. To opt-out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes (or other applicable purposes), please contact us at email@example.com.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
GoParrot is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
The Services are not designated to individuals under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years old, you should not use the Services, nor provide any personal information to us.
We reserve the right to access and verify any personal information collected from you by us. In the event that we become aware that an individual under the age of 16 has shared any information, we will discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor has shared any information with us, it will be advisable to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use your personal information, such as your full name, email address, etc. ourselves or by using our third party subcontractors for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials, concerning our Services.
Out of respect to your right to privacy we provide you within such marketing materials with means to decline receiving further marketing offers from us. In addition, at any time, you may request to unsubscribe and discontinue receiving marketing offers by sending us a blank message with the word "remove" to email@example.com.
Please note that even if you unsubscribe from our marketing mailing list, we may continue to send you service-related updates and notifications.
When using our Services through your social media account, you will be asked to provide your location or address. We currently require your location information in order to use our Services, so if you do not consent to this collection, you cannot use our Services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from GoParrot by following the instructions in those emails or text messages or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your use of our Services.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
The details of GoParrot are as follows:
50 West 17th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10011